Our long-awaited immunity powder launch is finally here! After weeks of sneak peaks and teasers, we are so happy to give our readers an inside scoop on all the details about our new potent immunity powder product.
Our immunity powder product is just that, a daily powdered formula presented in single serve sachets that you take the boost your immune system AND respiratory health. The powder is a made of a proprietary blend of Vitamin C from Acerola Cherry (Malpighia glaba), Beta glucans (Avena sativa), Cordyceps Mushroom Mycelium (Cordyceps militaris), Vitamin D2 (Ergocalciferol), and Oregano Oil Extract (check out our Instagram page for herb illustrations and monographs). It is sugar and gluten free, as well as, vegan and made with 100% natural ingredients. It boasts such herbal actions as anti-inflammatory, immune-stimulating, immuno-modulating, antioxidant, and anti-bacterial. It is the ideal partner for this pandemic and beyond.
It is essential that we prioritize our health now more than ever. Not only are we exposed to pathogens from COVID19 and globalized environmental pollutants, but the stress over the current state of the world can affect our mind and body, which can severely lower the immune system. This is another reason why we formulated our powder not only boost the immune system and fight respiratory infection, but also adapt and combat stress.
In addition, our immunity powder was formulated with kids and adults in mind. It is perfectly healthy for the entire family of all ages. It even comes in individual sachets that can be mixed with water, juice, smoothies or even eaten on its own! Kids will love its delicious tropical flavor, and we should know, our Torii Labs team religiously uses this product with the entire family. Think of our immunity powder as a clean, healthy alternative to EmergenC - no more worries about mystery ingredients and chemicals - all natural, all clean.
Lastly, we believe that the health of the environment is just as important as the health of our bodies. Without nature, we wouldn't have air to breathe, food to eat, medicine to take, and water to drink. We need to thank and honor the earth for providing these herbs by representing our company with sustainable values and full transparency with our customers. That is why our packaging is made with 100% biodegradable materials. Even our sachets are made from bamboo fiber - no yucky plastic or waste here. Because our sachets are made from this material, they are slightly tougher to open than plastic. This means an extra rip and tug on the top of the sachet is needed, but we believe the sustainability benefits outweigh any very small inconveniences.
Here is some educational information about each of our ingredients:
Vitamin D2 Ergocalciferol
- Key vitamin in building and maintaining a healthy immune system. Vitamin D receptors are present in many cell types including various immune-system supporting cells.
- Source: Canada
- Benefits: Vitamin D is essential for immune system function, regulation of inflammatory responses, and as regulatory mechanisms connected to autoimmune diseases.
- Facts: Mushrooms are one of the few plant foods which contain ergosterol, a precursor to vitamin D2. Exposing mushrooms to UV light whether by design or unintentionally causes measurable increases in the Vitamin D2 content. We extract Vitamin D2 from mushrooms exposed to UV light and use this powder in our immunity product for your daily intake of the vitamin.
Vitamin C from Acerola Cherries
- Acerola Cherries naturally contain an average of 18% natural Vitamin C.
- Source: Latin America and the Caribbean
- Benefits: It helps fight pathogens and free radicals, reducing oxidative stress in the body. It has also been known to increase lung health recovery.
- Facts: Unlike isolated ascorbic acid supplements, acerola cherry powders are natural forms of whole food-based vitamin C which contain ascorbic acid PLUS an important complex of other nutritional cofactors, like carotenoids, anthocyanins, rutin and other bioflavonoids. Vitamin C is an essential micronutrient for humans—contributing to immune defense by supporting various cellular functions of both the innate and adaptive immune system.
- Oregano contains Carvacrol, a natural phenol that is an antioxidant, antiseptic and carries antifungal properties.
- Source: USA, South America
- Benefits: Fights viruses and bacteria in respiratory and gastro-intestinal systems of the body
- Facts: Oregano oil has been used in the treatment of respiratory conditions, different types of virus and flu, and to reduce cough and gastro-intestinal symptoms. Studies suggest that it increases bile flow to fight against negative bacteria, viruses and parasites.
- Cordyceps is a medicinal mushroom that can increase energy, boost resistance to viruses and fight chronic fatigue and stress. We use the mycelium form which contains beneficial compounds that support the immune system.
- Source: China and South Africa
- Benefits: Strengthens immune response, protects against inflammation and holds antioxidant, anti-aging and neuroprotective properties
- Facts: Cordyceps have been an important medicinal mushroom in Chinese medicine for centuries, used to treat fatigue, pain and sickness. In recent times, western medicine has recognized it as a valuable antioxidant, an immune-system support, and a powerful anti-inflammatory agent. It is also known for its anti-aging properties, and for protecting neurotransmitters in the brain.
- Helps regulate the immune system by powerfully stimulating production of cells that confront viruses and bacteria
- Source: Canada and USA
- Benefits: Our unique beta glucans mix contains both oat and the mushroom fungus glucans, a powerful combination that both activates and stimulates the immune system, improving our natural ability to confront viruses and bacteria.
- Facts: The immuno-stimulating properties of fungi have been known for thousands of years in the Eastern countries. Beta Glucans are an immuno-modulator as they moderate the immune system to make it as efficient as possible. It is contained in the cell wall of certain bacteria and fungi such as mushrooms and cereals. These substances increase host immune defense by activating white blood cell function.